Giles County schools are preparing for the 2017-18 academic year by inviting students and parents to join them in several open house events that are designed to allow those who attend to meet the students' teachers, tour the schools and learn the expectations for the year.
• Bridgeforth Middle School will hold its open house Tuesday, Aug. 1, at 5 p.m. for all students. Elkton Elementary School invites all students to participate in an open house Monday, July 31, at 6 p.m.
• Giles County High will welcome students Thursday, July 27, beginning with freshmen at 5:30 p.m., sophomores at 6 p.m, juniors at 6:30 p.m and seniors at 7 p.m. Students will receive chromebook information and supply lists.
• Minor Hill School will host an open house Friday, July 28, at 5:30 p.m.
• Pulaski Elementary School's open house will be held Monday, July 31. Students entering the second grade will convene at 5 p.m. First graders can head over at 6 p.m. Students in pre-K or kindergarten can participate at 7 p.m. Attendees should go to the old gym, with an entrance on Cedar Lane.
• Southside Elementary School will hold its open house Thursday, July 27. Like PES, Southside will divide its time among the grade levels. Third graders will meet at the school at 5 p.m. Fourth graders will assemble at 6 p.m., and fifth graders will have their turn at 7 p.m.
• Richland Elementary invites students and parents to visit the school Thursday, July 27. Students from pre-K through second grade can participate in the open house from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Third through fifth graders will meet from 7-8 p.m.
• Richland High will welcome students and parents Tuesday, Aug. 8. Students will have the opportunity to meet with teachers from 5:30-6:15 p.m. and administration from 6:16-7 p.m. —Staff Reports